Yorkshire Reared Navarin of Lamb
- Ready in: Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: approx. 2 hrs
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- • 50g butter
- • 1kg diced lamb ( I used Yorkshire Reared)
- • 1 onion, finely chopped
- • 2 or 3 carrots, quartered
- • 1kg of turnip, cut into chunks
- • 30g flour
- • 500mls of hot stock
- • seasoning
Melt butter in a heavy based pan on a moderate heat on hob.
Add lamb, onions, carrots and turnips and cook until golden brown.
Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and cook until browned.
Stir in hot stock gradually, season and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and place lid on pan.
Cook very gently for 2 hours or until meat is tender.