Saffron Infused Baby Potatoes
- Ready in: 10 mins prep time and approximately 20 minutes cooking time.
- Serves: 4
- 750g new baby potatoes, halved
- A good pinch of saffron
- A dash of olive oil
- 1 cm of fresh ginger grated
- 1 dessertspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped fresh coriander
- seasoning to taste
Add water for potatoes to heavy based pan and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to simmer and add saffron . Allow to simmer for 1 minute before carefully sliding halved potatoes into pan. Mix through and simmer until cooked but firm.
Drain and allow to cool for 5-10mins.
Add a dash of oil to a shallow pan on a moderate heat. Add mustard seeds and grated ginger, cook for 1 minute and add cooked potatoes.
Turn off heat, add seasoning and fresh coriander.
Transfer to serving bowl and serve.