Rum And Raisin Tea Loaf
- Ready in: 1 hour cooking time, 10 minutes to prepare. (allow 4-6 hours for fruit to soak prior to baking)
- Serves: 8
- • 230g raisins
- • 250mls tepid tea
- • 50mls rum
- • 250g self-raising flour
- • 150g soft light brown sugar
- • 1 egg, beaten
- • 1 tsp grd cinnamon
- • butter for greasing loaf tin
- • you will also need a 22cm x10cm loaf tin.
Add raisins to large bowl.
Mix tepid tea and rum together, add to raisins, mix through and cover with a clean cloth.
Leave to soak for 4-6 hrs or better still overnight.
Then add flour, sugar, beaten egg and cinnamon to the soaked fruit and mix well.
Preheat oven to 175C/Gas 3.
Grease loaf tin and spoon mixture into the tin. (Loaf liners are great if you can get them, no need to grease and loaf will come out of tin perfectly every time.)
Place in oven on middle shelf for approx. one hour or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.