Moinmoin Crispy Bakes
- Ready in: approx. 20 mins prep and 20 mins cooking time
- Serves: 6
- x1 210g tin of Varo Food's Moinmoin, heated through and set aside to cool.
- 210g cooked mashed potato
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 80-100g fresh breadcrumbs (I used seeded wholemeal)
- 2 whole eggs whisked
- Seasoned plain flour for dusting, a couple of tablespoons
- A little oil for onions and to drizzle over bakes prior to cooking, I used Rapeseed
Add a little oil to a medium based pan over a low heat on hob.
Add onions and cook for 2-3 mins, followed by diced red pepper.
Cook for 4- 5 mins until both onion and red pepper have softened.
Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 190C, 170C (fan), Gas 5.
Add cooked mashed potato to bowl and mix cooled Moinmoin through thoroughly.
Then add cooled onion and red pepper, mix through.
With clean hands, form patties from the mixture, shaping them as you go into rounds.
You should get around 6-8 depending on how large you make them. Dusting your hands with a little flour can make this job easier.
Then dust each round first into seasoned flour, then egg and finally coat fully in breadcrumbs.
Place on a wire on a baking tray and spray lightly or drizzle with oil.
Place in preheated oven for 15-20mins until crispy and golden, remove and serve with a crisp green salad.