Little Lemon Possetts
- Ready in: 15 mins to prepare and 40 mins in fridge to chill.
- Serves: 6
- • 7 digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- 50 g of butter
- • ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- • Zest of a whole lemon
- • Juice of half a lemon
- • 150ml double cream
- • 150ml crème fraiche
- • 70g caster sugar
- • Lemon slices to garnish(optional)
- (You will need 6 muffin cases and a muffin tin)
Melt the butter and add the digestive biscuits, ground ginger and zest of half a lemon.
Place the muffin cases into the bun tin. Divide the biscuit mixture equally amongst the muffin cases. Press down firmly with the back of a metal teaspoon. This is essential for a firm base. Place in the fridge to chill for 15-20mins.
Meantime, add the cream ,crème fraiche and sugar to a pan. Bring slowly to the boil whilst stirring. Simmer gently for 3 mins. Turn off heat, add juice of half a lemon and zest of half a lemon. Allow to cool for 15-20 mins.
Divide cooled lemon mixture equally amongst biscuit bases and chill completely.
Garnish with small pieces of sliced lemon if desired.