Fresh Fruit Salad
- Ready in: 10-15 mins
- Serves: 6
- Complexity: easy
- 2 large jaffa oranges (these are the base for any good fruit salad)
- you can then be creative and add your favourite fruits once you have made orange base
- to give an idea of quantities for 6, I have added
- 1 pack of blueberries,whole
- 1 pack strawberries, washed and halved
- 1 handful of black grapes, halved
- 2 passion fruit, halved and flesh scooped out
Place the orange on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, slice off the top and bottom of the orange to expose the flesh.
Holding the orange in place with one hand, work around the orange with the knife in the other, carefully removing all of the outer skin to expose orange flesh, no white pith. Keep the orange skin you have removed to one side.
It should look like this!
Carefully work the knife down the side of each exposed orange segment, leaving the skin/membrane behind. Squeeze any remaining juice from the skin you have cut off and set aside over the freshly sliced oranges.
You now have the ideal base to make a mouth watering fresh fruit salad! Just blend in your favourite fruits, cover and chill in fridge ready to eat.
Think even, bite sizes.
Pineapple, mango and kiwi are also a great match with oranges.
For special occasions, serve as a dessert with creme fruit or ice-cream.
Try adding a few Maraschino cherries along with a couple of tablespoons of their syrupy juice for added decadence!