Fresh Creamy Tomato Soup
- Ready in: 15 mins prep and 20-25 mins cooking time
- Serves: 8
- • 2 glugs olive oil
- • 1 onion, chopped
- • 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- • 1350g fresh tomatoes, roughly diced (I used Sainsbury’s basic, all shapes and sizes)
- • 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- • 1 large potato, skin on and diced
- • 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- • 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- • 600-700mls hot vegetable stock
- • 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, finely grated
- • A few leaves of freshly torn basil
- • Seasoning to taste
Add olive oil to heavy based pan on medium heat. Add diced onion and cook for about 5 mins until it begins to soften. Add garlic and contiune to cook for 1 minute.
Add fresh tomatoes, potato, tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and mix thoroughly.
Add hot stock, mix and season.
Bring to the boil and simmer with lid on for approximately 20-25 mins until potato is cooked through
Turn off heat and blend with handblender until smooth.
Add grated parmesan, mix through and check seasoning.
Enjoy with freshly torn basil when ready to serve.