Baked Black Pudding with Bacon, Potato and Fresh Apple
- Ready in: 15 mins prep time plus 15-20 mins cooking time
- Serves: 4
- 1 generous slug of oil
- 4 x 140g Black Pudding slices or triangles
- 5 rashers Dry Cured Saddleback bacon (sliced into strips and cooked)
- 400g new potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sliced onion, diced
- 1 large Granny Smith apple (peeled cored and diced)
- Seasoning if required
Preheat oven to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 5.
Place black pudding on wire on baking tray and cook for 15-20minutes, turning once.
Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until cooked but slightly firm to prevent them breaking down and drain.
As potatoes are cooking, heat oil in heavy based pan and cook onions on a medium heat until soft. Add potato cooking for 2-3 minutes, allowing them to colour a little, add bacon and apple and mix through.
Remove black pudding from oven and plate.
Arrange cooked mixture on top and serve.